Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Life Ends...A Blog Begins


"There are times when the universe goes 'click' and makes an irreversible change." --Digby Henry

The universe has gone click once again....

Digby Henry has gone home, he has made his transition, he has shed his mortal coil, he is no more in his this limited realm. But he lives on in his writing.
I've always found wisdom in his writing and now, as I mourn his passing, I find great comfort.
It is my hope that all those of us whose lives were touched and are touched and will be touched by Digby can enjoy his writings here, post recollections and share his wisdom and kindness.

It starts, as always, in medias res.



Here's a post by Don Travis, who was in the same writer's group as Digby:
http://www.dontravis.com/2013/08/on-loss-of-treasured-and-gifted-friend.html

Here's a link to Connie and Digby's Therapeutic Environments website, which has a section called 'Digby says': http://www.bodymindspiritplace.com/digby_says

For now I end with the most beautiful haiku I've ever read, that I discovered posted on the side of a bookshelf in his study:

Some times a ripple
moves quiet on the water.
Sometimes a white swan.

           digby (undated)




1 comment:

  1. Hello, dear Connie. Cheryl told me of Digby's transition a few days ago, and today I got your email about it. I am saddened, even though I don't believe I had ever met him. I know what he means to you, and Cheryl thought the world of him. So, please accept my condolences and know that I am also grieving your loss.

    Rita Ballard-Baumgarten
    Cheryl's sister

    ReplyDelete